Disability Support Worker- Wollongong
About BRC Recruitment
We are a specialist recruitment firm that source qualified, professional, and skilled people across the Not for Profit, Public and Private sectors. We work with Australia's leading organisations to deliver exceptional staff to meet their recruitment needs.
Because of our commitment to quality staffing, we pay above award wages and can offer shifts to match your availability. Our shifts are posted on our online rostering system, which means you have control over the shifts you would like to work.
BRC is seeking qualified and experienced Disability Support Workers to deliver outstanding care to our clients in need. By joining our established casual talent pool, you will be able to provide support to adults and children with a disability, both in their home and in the community. These roles are across multiple locations within Wollongong.
You will be responsible for providing care and support to clients with a range of complex needs. A key focus of the role is to promote independence and skill building that is appropriate for the client's abilities. Other duties include providing personal care, administering medication, meal preparation and community access. In some instances, a disability support worker may have to support individuals who have complex behavioral needs.
A disability support worker will contribute to the wider wellbeing of the individuals that they support. This will be achieved by providing accurate and detailed shift reports, incident reports and progress notes and working collaboratively with the wider care team. Also, the disability support worker will contribute to the health, safety, and hygiene of the physical environment.
* A minimum of 6 months paid experience in a Supported Independent Living or Day Option setting
* An understanding of a range of different disabilities and how they may affect the individual
* Experience supporting individuals with reduced mobility
* Experience administering medication
* Demonstrated experience managing complex and challenging behaviors
* Understanding of professional boundaries
* Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Disability Services
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Minimum Certificate III in Disability, Individual Support, or similar discipline
Certificates and licenses:
* Working with Children Check
* NDIS Worker Cover
* National police check
* Unrestricted NSW Driver's License
* Comprehensive car insurance
* Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 less than 3 years old
* Provide CPR HLTAID001 less than 12 months old
* Covid vaccinations as per NSW Health legislations
Be paid above award wages, deliver exceptional outcomes to our clients, who are some of Australia's leading disability providers. We can offer a range of shifts covering 24/7 in multiple locations and can match your current availability.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
Due to the high volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
|Job title:||Disability Support Worker- Wollongong|
|Location:||Sydney - Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire, Sydney, Regional New South Wales, Regional NSW - Wollongong, Illawarra and South Coast, Australia|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL