Residential Youth Worker- Western Sydney
About BRC Recruitment
We are a leading Health and Social Care recruitment agency assisting specialist support professionals into jobs in the healthcare, not for profit and government sector for permanent, contract and casual employment throughout Australia.
BRC Recruitment is seeking experienced and passionate youth workers to join our established casual pool. The role will provide intensive therapeutic care and support to young people living in Intensive Therapeutic Care, Crisis Accommodation and Alternative Care Arrangements in multiple locations across NSW.
A residential youth worker is responsible for providing care and support to young people who may have experienced or been impacted by trauma. As a result of the young persons' history, they may also have complex and challenging behaviors. A residential youth worker will provide positive modeling and behavioral support whilst also focusing on promoting independence and skill-building.
A residential youth worker will contribute to the wider wellbeing of the young person. This will be achieved by providing accurate and detailed shift reports, incident reports and progress notes and working collaboratively with the wider care team. Also, the youth worker will contribute to the health, safety, and hygiene of the physical environment.
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, or similar discipline
- Minimum Cert IV - Community Services
Experience and understanding:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in a residential out of home care or intensive therapeutic care setting for young people with complex trauma
- An understanding of Trauma-Informed Care
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and challenging behaviors
- Understanding of professional boundaries
- Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Out of Home Care and The Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Certificates and licenses:
- Working with Children Check
- Willingness to undergo a police check
- Unrestricted NSW Driver's License
- Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 less than 3 years old
- Provide CPR HLTAID001 less than 12 months old
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (desirable)
- Mental Health First Aid (desirable)
Reward and Recognition
- Flexible hours across 7 days
- Alternate care arrangements
- Opportunity to work with several leading organisation
Due to the high volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
|Job title:||Residential Youth Worker- Western Sydney|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales