Residential Youth Support Worker- Eastern Suburbs
About BRC Recruitment
We are a specialist recruitment firm that source qualified, professional, and skilled people across the Not for Profit, Public and Private sectors. We work with Australia's leading organisations to deliver exceptional staff to meet their recruitment needs.
Because of our commitment to quality staffing, we pay above award wages and can offer shifts to match your availability. Our shifts are posted on our online rostering system, which means you have control over the shifts you would like to work.
BRC is seeking qualified and experienced residential Youth Support Workers to deliver outstanding care to our clients in need. By joining our established casual talent pool, you will be able to provide intensive therapeutic care and support to young people living within Alternative Care Arrangements in multiple locations across Eastern suburbs.
A residential youth worker is responsible for providing care and support to young people who may have experienced or been impacted by trauma. As a result of the young persons' history, they may also have complex and challenging behaviors. A residential youth worker will provide positive modeling and behavioral support whilst also focusing on promoting independence and skill-building.
The residential youth worker will contribute to the wider wellbeing of the young person. This will be achieved by providing accurate and detailed shift reports, incident reports and progress notes and working collaboratively with the wider care team. Also, the youth worker will contribute to the health, safety, and hygiene of the physical environment.
* A minimum of 6 months paid experience within an Alternative Care Arrangements for young people with complex trauma
* An understanding of Trauma-Informed Care
* Demonstrated experience managing complex and challenging behaviors
* Understanding of professional boundaries
* Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Out of Home Care and The Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
* Administer Medication
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, or similar discipline
Certificates and licenses:
* Working with Children Check
* NDIS Worker Cover
* National police check
* Unrestricted NSW Driver's License
* Comprehensive car insurance
* Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 less than 3 years old
* Provide CPR HLTAID001 less than 12 months old
* Covid vaccinations as per NSW Health legislations
Be paid above award wages, deliver exceptional outcomes to our clients, who are some of Australia's leading disability providers. We can offer a range of shifts covering 24/7 in multiple locations and can match your current availability.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
Due to the high volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
|Job title:||Residential Youth Support Worker- Eastern Suburbs|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
New South Wales
New South Wales
New South Wales