Disability Support Worker- Western Sydney
About BRC Recruitment
We are a leading Health and Social Care recruitment agency assisting specialist support professionals into jobs in the healthcare, not for profit and government sector for permanent, contract and casual employment throughout Australia.
BRC is seeking passionate and experienced Disability Support Workers to join our established casual pool. The role will provide support adults and children with a disability both in their home and in the community across multiple locations in NSW.
A disability support worker is responsible for providing care and support to clients with a range of complex needs. A key focus of the role is to promote independence and skill building that is appropriate for the client's abilities. Other duties include providing personal care, administering medication, meal preparation and community access. In some instances, a disability support worker may have to support individuals who have complex behavioural needs.
A disability support worker will contribute to the wider wellbeing of the individuals that they support. This will be achieved by providing accurate and detailed shift reports, incident reports and progress notes and working collaboratively with the wider care team. Also, the disability support worker will contribute to the health, safety, and hygiene of the physical environment.
* Certificate III in Disability, Individual Support, or similar discipline
Experience and understanding:
* A minimum of 6 months paid experience in a Supported Independent Living or Day Option setting
* An understanding of a range of different disabilities and how they may affect the individual
* Experience supporting individuals with reduced mobility
* Experience administering medication
* Demonstrated experience managing complex and challenging behaviors
* Understanding of professional boundaries
* Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Disability Services
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Certificates and licenses:
* Working with Children Check
* NDIS Worker Cover
* Willingness to undergo a police check
* Unrestricted NSW Driver's License
* Comprehensive car insurance
* Provide First Aid Certificate HLTAID003 less than 3 years old
* Provide CPR HLTAID001 less than 12 months old
* Covid vaccinations as per NSW Health legislations.
Reward and Recognition
* Flexible hours across 7 days
* Above award remuneration
* Opportunity to work with several leading organisation
Due to the high volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.
|Job title:||Disability Support Worker- Western Sydney|
|Job start date:||ASAP|
|Contact name:||BRC Recruitment|